Love and peace start from the inside – you cannot express what you do not feel!
We have written about how to “do kindness” in a past post, encouraging you to allow kindness to flow from within into outward expression through even the smallest act of kindness. The seeds of love and peace come from that same source and follow the same path.
If you believe the best of yourself, knowing that you live harmoniously, allowing your soul to shine, then it becomes easier to allow that harmony to flow into your outward life. You no longer believe the lies you were told (or told yourself) about being “not enough” (not smart, not pretty, not effective, not …) and instead feel peace in knowing that you are sufficient just as you are. This simple acceptance reduces discord and increases harmony. Allowing this natural flow of harmony also means that you no longer try to control the thinking or behavior of others.
Ego says, “Once everything falls into place, I’ll feel peace.” Spirit says, “Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place.” — Marianne Williamson
Here are some ways to tap into that flow of peace.
- Forgive yourself and others, letting go of past events and traumas.
- Feel and express gratitude for the things that give you joy: relationships, possessions, nature, pets, talents.
- Maintain a positive outlook, expecting that many good things will come to you. This is a very effective practice.
- Cultivate acceptance and unconditional love, with absolutely no expectations.
- Practice what some call “Catch and Release” with your emotions – notice the undesirable feelings and let them go.
You will find that, as with any habit you choose to develop, over time your experience of peace will grow.